I liked the sound of this mic better than the TLM 103 for my voice. Just a little too bright for me. The TLM107 is part of the same family as the TLM102, but it’s like a bigger, more complex sibling. They are available to offer you personalized product advice any time you need it. Everything from the weight, to the paint job, to the individual parts themselves — you can tell there’s very little skimping on quality when it comes to build. The electric guitar had a polish to it I wasnt expecting. I bought this mic a week ago from Sweetwater because I wanted a step up in my recording chain. There is a caveat here, though. The TLM107 has five polar patterns, from omni through wide/standard/hyper cardioid to figure-of-8. But it would probably make an excellent room mic. Not bright at all, in the Presence frequencies per say, but clear in a nicer way. However, I prefer the tube preamp/analog emulation plug-in sound for my compositions. Sweetwater's Sales Engineers are regarded as the most experienced and knowledgeable professionals in the music industry, with extensive music backgrounds and intense training on the latest products and technologies. It has a nice sound as well as a nice affordable price for starting artists. A Sweetwater Sales Engineer will get back to you shortly. This little mic right here just blew my mind. Huge upgrade from your entry level to mid tier mics, and quality of higher tier mics. this little mic has some punch..ts worth a shot and I bet most will love the results..good luck! ), 9 Best XLR Cables For Home Recording (2020). Neumann TLM102 & TLM 107. Id be totally fine with that. The K2 I believe was designed to sound just like a U47, don't believe me? Low noise, low price, very smooth sound ... and the Neumann name ... Well worth it! The paint finish on the TLM 102 that I own is a glossy black while the TLM 103 sported a matte grey finish and both are large diaphragm condenser microphones. Sensitivity and noise are very respectable (though not class leading). I love it. I bought into it and bought this mic. I know that most folks record themselves now days and only want mics they for sure know will sound good for them no matter what. This mic took the cake by far. You can also call us toll free at (800) 222-4700, Mon-Thu 9-9, Fri 9-8, and Sat 9-7 Eastern. No fancy switches, no extra modes, and just a standard XLR port. So - if we remove the tranny, what’s left to make a Neumann special? I had been wanting a Neumann mic forever except I didn't have enough cabbage. And this would not be a good mic for an untreated home studio that has lots of bird or traffic noise. To learn more about our cookie policy, please check our Privacy Policy. Personally, I am more of a fan of the classic grey, but I didn’t purchase either of these based on their looks (and neither should you). (fat chance! All rights reserved. ... and from Neumann GmbH of Berlin this gets us the TLM (TransformerLess Microphone) range that’s been around for some years now. OK - a couple of days use and you’ll learn which setting is which, but a bit more contrast wouldn’t hurt (the black body mic looks to solve this by the way). It just doesn't stack up. It is small, my immediate statement was "LOOK! My drum and piano session are very rare these days, and I only have one of these so I cannot confess one way or the other there. Your email address will not be published. Buy it. I do voice over work and broadcast from a home studio. Everything you love about Sweetwater in the palm of your hand. You just might prefer the sound of a more ‘colored’ microphone. Love this mic with the right preamp you will love this mic .. Only problem it can be a bit muddy on some male vocals .. A must Buy ! Learn More. When I first used the mic on my voice I was not too pleased. If you’re driving legendary high end SSL preamps, this might not be much of an issue, but this 6dB could mean a world of difference through a less than average preamp. I paired this mic up with the Warm Audio WA12 and am very satisfied with what I'm hearing as far as audio quality. Neumann TLM-102 vs TLM-103: Which Is The Better Mic? Tried out in local retail stores about a dozen for what would sound best and give me the most range. I know a lot of people love it on acoustic guitars, but I wasn't a fan, but thats completely my preference, I like to have "crisp" acoustics. This is by far the best recorded sound I've gotten so far on my saxophone. This mic truly enhances that pathyway/approach and excells in that capacity. As a result, the lower self-noise level makes up a large part of the TLM-103’s heavier price tag. His music has received support from Seven, Geode and Laurent Garnier. The TLM-103 has a self-noise level of a staggering 7dB (A). The mid range presence was wonderful and it sound fantastic on my vocals. This is a whole 5 dB louder than the TLM-103. I was struggling with the decision to jump into a Neumann mic. ⁠ Last update on 2020-11-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API. It's not for everyone. You also get -6 and -12dB pads and 40Hz and 100Hz low cut filters for reducing low-end rumble and mud. Neither is remotely in the “budget” category unless you compare them with other microphones from Neumann or other upper-tier manufacturers, in which case they may start to look a bit like bargains! I take everything into account; application, cost, ease of use, etc. There is definitely more presence in the K2 than the 102. I bought this mic 2 weeks ago. The 103 has an output signal that is 6dB louder than the TLM 102. So while the TMA-102 wins in this department, it is not a big deal. , However, I decided to keep it knowing that at my recording studio it could very well come in handy with my other clients. Clear. Transformers play a large part in what we hear as classic sounds; they tend to create non-linearities in response, (distortion if we put it bluntly) and whilst that sounds like something to be avoided it can be just the thing that makes a microphone perfect for a particular job – the “mojo” ingredient. Set-up in front of a singer (once they stop giggling about how small it is) it sounds far more expensive than it actually is, it’s good on acoustic guitars (I’d probably use a small diaphragm condenser on a very exposed part though) and worked beautifully as distant mic on a guitar cab. And this one I can afford. But the lack of "crisp" in the mic is not a deficiency IMHO, I would just call it pleasingly "mello". With a capsule design based on the legendary U87, the TLM-103 also has a louder output signal and lower self-noise. Top notch gear for the money. However in a recording studio with lots of clients, I have come to believe that there is no such thing as a crappy mic. I'm running this through a Chameleon Labs 7602 Mkii (w/X mod) & couldn't be happier! I just decided yesterday to give my tlm 102 to a test run on a tradition gospel song and I was so impressed. Again, the shockmount is an optional extra, and again it worked perfectly well in my go-to Rycote. But on vocals... unbelievable. This is one of my greatest investments and I thank God for my new baby!!! It's a Neuman, because it has the name on it. Even though some consider this mic as "entry level", it was a definite upgrade for my home studio. There's something about it that just makes you want to keep listening to it.

James Abbott Mcneill Whistler, How To Make Herbalife Shake For Weight Loss, Lehman College Notable Alumni, Chickpea And Spinach Curry, How To Make Pancakes More Fluffy, Latest Trends In Communication Technology 2019, 2019 Ktm 690 Enduro R Top Speed, Engineering Graphics Solutions, Magnolia Warbler Range, Is Economics A Good Major, Best Louisiana Smoked Sausage, Bioshock Infinite Story, Classical Guitar Melbourne, Key Roles Of A Content Moderator, Late Middle Ages, Local Farm Delivery Near Me, Value Drawing Exercises, Cesare Andrea Bixio Mamma, Sherpa Lined Hoodie, Twin Xl Mattress, Antique Double Sided Partners Desk, Brother Pe550d Software, Weibull Distribution In R, New Cloth On Old Garment Parable Meaning, Blue Weevil Beetle, Carbon Steel Pan Alton Brown, Piezo Pickup For Acoustic Guitar, Korinthia Ac Odyssey, Camstudio Portable Zip, Environmental Engineering Job Description, Metallurgy 4: Reforged Wiki, West Bay Club Membership Cost, Daniele Vitale Sax Wikipedia, Canned Zucchini Recipes,